had an amazing time hanging out with cori (misskittidanielle) taking some fun pictures for her new body positive blog, fort worth funky fashion (www.fwfunkyfashion.com and @fwfunkyfashion on instagram)! make sure to reach out and support fellow fat babes who are busting ass to break down beauty norms.
• 16 April 2014 • 268 notes
today, @marylambertsing asked why i #lovemyarms. i love them because they hold people i love. they give my best friends great bear hugs. they house beautiful tattoos. they’re mine. they’re a privilege. #bodylove
• 16 April 2014 • 71 notes
How often have you been shopping and you come across something that is just PERFECT, but does not go up to your size? Over 60% of American women wear a size 14 or above, but only 17% of clothing sold is 14 & up. That is a ridiculous disparity.
Moreover, when some brands move into plus (ahem H&M), they throw their signature trendy looks by the wayside in favor of flowy dark fabrics that they think “work” for plus sizes. That is crap. Plus size women want color, print, and structure. Moreover, we want variety. A group this numerous cannot be a monolith, and since style is such a personal thing, we all have different tastes. I want #plussizeplease to be a way to showcase the demand for styles we’d buy and rock, and all the money brands are forfeiting by refusing to expand their sizes.
So here’s how to use it:
1) Snap a picture of a garment you love but does not come in your size. Include the brand and price, tagging the company if possible. For example, I am in love with this Zara marble print dress. I would have purchased it yesterday if it went above a size L. My tweet would be:
“.@Zara marble print sheath, $59. I’d buy it right now if it came in my size. #plussizeplease”
2) Use it on any social media – Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, Pinterest… even Facebook supports hashtags now.
3) Tag anything you’d purchase, whether in store or online.
4) Feel free to include the size range it comes in and/or the size you think you’d need. Sizing can be tricky, so this is definitely not required.
5) Tell your friends! I don’t just want this to be a blogger thing – I want all women who wear size 14 and up to show their purchasing power and share styles they love. Let’s be unignorable!
• 16 April 2014 • 8,091 notes
so it snowed earlier today and was 80 degrees yesterday? I dunno what’s up with Kentucky but I guess I’ll just wear tights when this happens
Top ~ Forever21+ (3x)
Shorts ~ Torrid (26)
Tights ~ Catherines (5/6x)
Shoes ~ Journeys (11)
Brooches ~ theTinyHobo via Etsy
Ring ~ Etsy
Purse ~ Titinastore via Etsy
• 16 April 2014 • 665 notes
Look how fucking cute I am.
oh my GOSH
• 16 April 2014 • 663 notes
Look at all that love and all those rolls.
Reposting us because we’re cute.
And I love him more than anyone.
• 16 April 2014 • 698 notes
I love my body. To be frank, I don’t have the time or energy it takes to keep hating myself for other people. They do a good enough job without my help.
• 16 April 2014 • 748 notes
That’s what I do when I’m sad. I take pictures of myself.
• 16 April 2014 • 358 notes
So there are some people that I have followed for forever (forever in tumblr time at least)
And I feel creepy
Because it starts to feel like you know someone and you’re pals
When like you have actually never talked to them
And they are just normal people
But they become sort of celebrity…
just saw dis and smiled so big
had a bummer night and this was super, super nice. thank you!
come over. let’s hang and giggle.
• 16 April 2014 • 13 notes